I led a Sunday school class of the elderly members of our church right before high school graduation last year. The class members had conducted the business of the church for many years and served as living examples to the rest of us in how to live a life of faith and service. I knew this class well, as my mother had been a member for many years before she died. The group has gotten smaller over the years, but its members hold together in their faith in God and their love for one another. I asked the folks in the class that morning to share their wisdom with the graduating high school seniors. They had some wonderful advice, which many of us could benefit from following. Whether you are young or old, whether you are Christian, Jewish, Muslim, or of any other faith, these are some great words to live by as we embark on another year in this life.
Happy New Year! ~Melanie Lee
Mama, Kathryn “Katie” Bush, is pictured at our cabin in NC, writing as usual. Her pen name was Golden Writer.
1. Get to know as much as you can while you are at school, and then when you go to work, you don’t have to work as hard.
2. As you go off to school, remember God is going with you, even though you might not want him along. He has promised he will never leave you. I know he keeps his promise.
3. Fall in love with a best friend, because you have a good foundation for a loving marriage.
4. Love God. Love your neighbor. Above all, love yourself.
5. Do the best you can in every situation, remembering you are a child of God.
6. You will find joy and satisfaction if you can bring a little pleasure into the life of each person you meet. Hold Jesus’ words in your heart at all times, and treat all with kindness, patience, forgiveness – with love. Just to know you have brightened someone’s life will bring peace and happiness to your own soul.
7. Faith is the hope for things unseen. Fight the good fight of Faith. Hope and believe!
If you or an aging loved-one are considering in-home Elderly Care Services in Orlando FL, please contact the caring staff at Flourish in Place Home Care Solutions today. Proudly serving Orange, Osceola, Seminole, and Brevard Counties. Call 407-845-9797.